"I WOULD GO TODAY IF I COULD" MUSLIM WOMEN INTERVIEWED OUTSIDE ISLAMIC CENTER IN LUTON,UK READY TO JOIN JIHAD IN SYRIA





MUSLIM women in Luton have told the BBC of their desire to fight in Syria.



A reporter from the Today programme spoke to them following concerns about the role of British women in the conflict. It follows the disappearance of teenage twins from Manchester who are believed to have fled to the country to join the fight.



The BBC say they met one petite woman wearing a burka outside the Islamic Centre, off Luton's Bury Park Road, who was waiting for a friend so they could go inside to pray.



Asked about the conflict in Syria between rebels and the government of Bashar al-Assad, she is said to have told the BBC: "I would go today if I could - whether to help or fight to help my brothers and sisters, inshallah (God willing)."



The 20-year-old woman, who refused to give her name, but is described as 'strong, intelligent and articulate', added: "I would definitely fight for them because what's happening to them is not all right. . .If I could go today, I would."




READ MORE

http://ift.tt/1mTrfIx

No comments:

Post a Comment